As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let the kids have some wholesome fun with these veggie DIY finger puppets! These printable finger puppets come in two versions so you can customize your play. Kids will have a blast with their adorable veggie characters.
Veggie Printable Finger Puppets
If you’re looking for a way to make play exciting with your little ones, finger puppets are a no-brainer. These days, kids spend a lot of time in front of a screen. While screen-time and videos are a great way to keep them occupied from time-to-time, playing make believe is one of the best ways to spark their creativity!
Finger puppets are loads of fun, especially for younger kids. Plus, the movements help them practice their fine motor skills. It’s so fun to watch them come up with names, characters, and stories for their little puppets. They’ll get to make up a range of emotions as they create their stories, too. All of these are key for developing emotional expression and storytelling skills. Who knew finger puppets could do so much for our kids!
Some finger puppet tutorials that I’ve found online are pretty intensive. If you’re not the most crafty person, I’ve made it easy with printable finger puppets. All of the hard work has been done for you, so all you need to do is print and assemble. I included a wide range of veggies, so your little one might learn a new word or two — and get inspired to try a new healthy food! There are 11 veggies in the printables, so you’ll have more than enough to keep your little ones busy.
Steps for making DIY finger puppets
- Print out your desired version of the veggie finger puppets.
- Cut carefully along the dotted line so that we don’t see the dots anymore. You want to still have some white area around the finger puppets. Make sure to use child-friendly scissors if the kids are doing the cutting. It’s a great way to let them practice their fine motor skills!
- If you printed out the version without the eyes, now is the time to glue on or draw the veggie faces. You can use regular glue or hot glue for googly eyes. If you choose hot glue, make sure the adult is handling the glue gun. Sharpies and markers work great for drawing on eyes and smiles.
- Once your puppets are all done, it’s time to put them on the kids’ fingers! Form the paper around your child’s finger and use a piece of tape to hold it in place. You don’t want them to be too tight, as it could cut off their circulation. You also don’t want them to be too loose, as they could quickly fall off during play. Find the in-between that’s comfortable for your child.
- You’re done! These DIY finger puppets are just what you need for a fun afternoon full of creative play and storytime. Kids can switch off characters, dream up stories, and have fun with their silly veggie characters.
More simple kids craft ideas
Looking for more ways to get creative with the kiddos? Check out these other kids crafts! Like this idea, they are super simple and require basic supplies, but keep the little ones engaged and excited. Some of them also involve free printables that make crafting easier for you!