A mixture of colorful wooden beads and pasta makes these DIY Pasta Necklaces such a fun and simple craft the kids will love to make and wear!
DIY PASTA NECKLACES
These pasta necklaces are such a fun and simple craft for the kids. Pasta necklaces are one of those crafts that have been around for years but are still fun to enjoy today. We added some colorful wooden beads to our necklaces for an added pop of color and fun but you can certainly skip the beads and work with just the pasta noodles.
PASTA NECKLACES HOW TO VIDEO:
The supplies needed to make these necklaces are minimal and probably something you already have on hand. We always have craft paint as it’s one of our favorite kids crafts supplies to have on hand – it’s great for all kinds of projects!
- Dry Pasta Noodles, we chose Rigatoni
- Craft Paint
- Colorful Wooden Beads, (affiliate link) optional but we love the addition of them
- Plastic Baggies
- Paint Brushes
How to Make Necklaces:
- Add your dry pasta to your sandwich bags. Add a few squirts of paint.
- Seal bag and shake/massage with fingers until pasta is covered in paint. (If paint is thick/old you can add just a touch of water (1/8 tsp) and shake again.
- Place pasta on parchment paper to dry completely. Repeat steps with remaining colors needed.
- Paint half of some of the pasta in white to give it a color block look.
- Once pasta is dry string onto your string in desired pattern with wooden beads.
For more DIY Crafts you should give these a try: