As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A little spicy, a little sweet, this mango salsa recipe is one of our favorite ways to eat salsa in our house! Fresh ingredients come together to make one amazing salsa that keeps you reaching for bite after bite. Perfect for taco night, a festive party, or whenever the craving strikes!
Easy, Fresh Mango Salsa
Who else here LOVES mango? It’s not a fruit we always have in our kitchen at home, but when I do pick some up at the grocery store it’s always with a specific purpose! We like adding mango to smoothies or simply slicing some up for a healthy snack, but this fresh mango salsa might be my new favorite way to enjoy this delicious fruit!
It’s easier than you might think to make your own salsa at home. This recipe is so simple — all you need to do is gather your ingredients, chop everything up, and toss it all together. You will have fresh mango salsa on the table in a matter of just minutes, and it’s so much better than anything you can find at the grocery store!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this mango salsa
This recipe calls for many of the standard salsa ingredients, but with a twist — mango takes the place of tomato!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Red onion
- Red pepper, can adjust the amount to taste
- Jalapeno, as little or as much as you’d like depending on your spicy preference
- Lime juice, fresh squeezed is the way to go!
- Cilantro leaves OR Italian parsley leaves, whichever you prefer!
How should I use my mango salsa?
This mango salsa tastes delicious on any kind of seafood tacos. We tried it on my Easy Shrimp Tacos and it was the perfect addition! I’d also recommend adding it to fish tacos or serving it up with your favorite tortilla chips. If you’re cooking up some fish or chicken breasts for dinner, this goes great as a topping to make everything bright and flavorful.
It also makes a simple crowd-pleasing party food. You can make this salsa ahead of time, cover it, and let it chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it up to your guests. If you have a lot of mouths to feed, feel free to double the recipe as needed.
Tips for making fresh mango salsa
- You either love or hate cilantro, and I personally HATE it. If you’ve got taste buds like mine, you can swap it out for Italian parsley or another herb of your choosing! It might not taste exactly the same, but it will be just as delicious.
- If you’re not a fan of spice or you are serving this to younger kids, make sure to take all of the seeds and membrane out of your jalapeno — that’s where the majority of the spicy stuff is! And if you hate spice altogether, feel free to leave it out.
- Mangos can be a little tricky to cut up, since they are a bit slimy to handle and you have to cut around the pit. If you have not done it before, I’d recommend following a tutorial online to make things easier for you!
- Taste your salsa after you have mixed everything together to check to see if you like the balance of flavors! Depending on how juicy your lime is, how much salt you prefer, or how much you want the fresh herb flavors to come through, you may want to adjust some ingredients to your liking.
- 3 mangoes, diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 red pepper, diced (can add more if desired)
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced (can add more if desired)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro or italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Dice mangos, red onion, red pepper and jalapeno into similar sized pieces. You don’t want them to be too small, but you also want to avoid large chunks.
- In a bowl, mix together diced mangos, red onion, red pepper, and jalapeno with the salt and cilantro or Italian parsley leaves.
- Add lime juice and toss together.
- Chill salsa until serving or serve immediately with chips, tacos, or any way you like!