Back to School Apple Popsicle Stick Frame- a fun back to school themed craft using popsicle sticks that perfectly holds those First Day of School Photos.
Apple Popsicle Stick Frame
My boys are heading back to school in just a few weeks and the famous “First Day of School” photos will be taken yet again. This year we decided to make our photos a bit more craft centered and created a special keepsake for years to come. Out of all the school papers and things my mom kept for me in my “school years” my favorite are the pictures from year to year.
This Back to School Apple Popsicle Stick Frame is such a fun and simple school themed craft that the kids can make themselves! They make a great keepsake for them when they grow up or for loved ones such as Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents! We even added strips of magnets to the back of our frames which made them a great magnet for the refrigerator or even lockers 🙂
Apple Popsicle Stick Frame Supplies:
- Jumbo Popsicle sticks
- Red and green acrylic paint. I like to use FolkArt.
- Paint brush
- Hot glue
- Green and Brown Foam (or paper)
- Black Sharpie
- Magnets, I like to use the kinds that has adhesive glue already on them.
How to Make Back to School Apple Popsicle Stick Frame:
- Line up 7 jumbo Popsicle sticks. Hot glue a popsicle stick at each end to hold them in place.
- Turn them over and paint in your desired colors. You can paint the whole frame or just paint the tops and bottoms.
- Cut out 1×2 inch rectangles from brown foam to create the stem and 2 inch leaf shapes from
green foam. Use hot glue to attach to frame.
- Add magnet to frames.
- Glue picture to frame.
We decided to paint the top and bottoms of two of our apple frames for a slightly different look. To give those frames a more apple feel we drew on apple seeds in the centers of the apple frames. This version would be great to give to your childrens’ teacher as a welcome back to school gift. 🙂
Whether your make them for yourself, teachers or the loved ones in your family it will be a cute childhood keepsake.