Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread- a delicious twist on the classic banana bread! Bursting with banana flavor and swirls of a sweet cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
Banana Bread is a hot item in this household. It’s very rare we don’t have ripe bananas ready to be used. All three of my kids can never seem to get get enough banana bread. It’s great for breakfast, an after school snack, or a yummy evening snack. Every once in a while we like to try something a little different like our Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread, this time we decided to added a delicious cinnamon and sugar swirl and it didn’t not disappoint! This cinnamon swirl banana bread is a delicious twist on the classic banana bread and it will definitely be added to our banana bread rotation. 🙂
If you have a larger family or need more than one loaf just simply double this recipe and pour it into two loaf pans. I promise this banana bread goes quickly! I personally think this cinnamon swirl banana bread tastes best the next day when the flavors get a longer chance to blend together, while my husband barely waits for the banana bread to cool down before he digs in. Whether you enjoy it warm or the next day it’s just as delicious.
To make sure the cinnamon swirl is fully incorporated I like to pour the batter and cinnamon mixture in thirds. I also like to make sure there is a touch of the swirl on top to give it a flavorful crunch.
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed bananas, roughly 3-4 bananas
- 1/2 cup butter,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt, we personally love the flavor vanilla yogurt adds
CINNAMON SUGAR SWIRL
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Whisk together baking soda, salt and flour and set aside.
- In large bowl mix together mashed bananas and butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat again. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Add sour cream.
- Mix together your swirl ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour ⅓ of banana bread batter in a greased bread pan. Sprinkle ½ cinnamon swirl mixture on top. Pour another ⅓ of banana bread batter on top and repeat with almost all of the cinnamon swirl mixture. Finish by adding the remaining banana bread batter and the cinnamon swirl to the top. Using a knife carefully make swirls in the bread to help incorporated the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Baking times may vary depending on oven, I would begin checking bread around 50 minutes. If the top of bread is beginning to brown too quickly just vent with a piece of aluminum foil until bread it finished.