As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cherry Poke Cake is a delicious simple dessert filled with cherry jello, whipped topping, and delicious cherry pie filling. It’s simple and a crowd pleaser!
CHERRY POKE CAKE
This cherry poke cake is a simple dessert that is packed full of flavor and topped with sweet cherries on top. It’s a simple to make dessert that your friends will love. Poke cakes are some of the easiest desserts you can make because they start with a boxed cake mix and typically only require a few other ingredients, like a box of jello or pudding like our coconut cream poke cake, and some whipped topping. This cake tastes better the longer it has time to sit so it’s great to make in the morning before your gathering. I like to refrigerate this for a few hours before serving, sometimes even a full day before.
CHERRY POKE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
This poke cake recipe only requires 5 simple ingredients some of which you may already have in your pantry:
- white cake mix
- cherry gelatin
- boiling water
- cherry pie filling
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY POKE CAKE
- Prepare your white cake mix with the ingredients listed on the packaging. Pour into a grease 13×9 inch pan and bake according to package instructions.
- Dissolved gelatin in boiling water. Allow baked cake to cool for just a few moments.
- Poke holes all over cake with a skewer or large meat fork.
- Pour gelatin mixture over cake and allow to seep through all the holes. Allow to cool completely.
- Top with Cool whip. Spoon cherries over top of Cool whip.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Cherry Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix - with ingredients required on box
- 1 3 ounce box cherry gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can cherry pie filling, 21 ounce can
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepare cake mix with required ingredients according to the box instructions. Bake as directed.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Allow cake to cool for a few minutes when done baking. Using a wooden skewer or a large meat fork, poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour gelatin all over the cake and allow gelatin mixture to seep into the holes.
- Allow to cool completely. Top with Cool Whip. Spoon cherries over Cool Whip.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.