As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Cream Poke Cake: a delicious coconut cream poke cake filled with a coconut cream filling and topped with toasted coconut. It’s a delicious creamy and flavorful cake perfect for a crowd.
Coconut Cream Poke Cake
This coconut cream poke cake has no lack of flavor and it’s even better the next day! It’s filled with a creamy coconut filling that your pour onto the warm cake, letting all that filling soak into the cake. Top it with Cool Whip and some toasted coconut and it’s a delicious semi-homemade cake you can put together in less than one hour!
Ingredients needed for Coconut Cream Poke Cake
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this coconut cream poke cake and since this is a semi-homemade recipe it all starts with your favorite yellow cake mix. The rest of the ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
- Yellow cake mix
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Can cream of coconut, such as Goya
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
How to make Coconut Cream Poke Cake
This coconut cream poke cake is so easy to put together! Start by making your yellow cake mix, following the directions on the box you bought. Once your cake has baked use a small fork to poke holes all over the cake. In a small bowl mix together the can of sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut until blended together. Pour coconut mixture over the warm cake and allow to absorb into the cake.
Once the cake has cooled completely top the cake with Cool Whip and toasted coconut. Place in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Top with maraschino cherries if desired.
Can this coconut cream poke cake be prepared the night before?
Yes! I actually prefer this recipe the following day after all the flavors have had the chance to blend together and fully dissolve into the cake.
How to store store coconut cream poke cake?
Once prepared store cake in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. When not serving, store in refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix, and ingredients called for on box
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz can cream of coconut
- 1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- 1-2 cups shredded coconut, lightly toasted amount depends on personal preference
- Prepare cake mix as package directs.
- Remove from oven and using a fork, pork holes in entire cake.
- Mix condensed milk and cream of coconut; slowly pour over warm cake.
- Cool cake completely. Frost with cool whip topping; sprinkle with lightly toasted coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Cut into squares.
For more delicious and easy desserts try these: