As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread: a delicious bread that is perfectly moist and bursting with flavor.
BLUEBERRY BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD
One of our favorites bread to indulge in is banana bread. I love how versatile a banana bread recipe can be. You can keep it simple or you can fancy it up by adding fruit, walnuts or even a cinnamon swirl like our cinnamon swirl banana bread. This blueberry banana zucchini bread is moist and bursting with flavor. In each bite you will get a burst of blueberry or banana. The zucchini helps keep the bread moist and is a sneaky way to get a little bit of veggies into your kids diet.
TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT BLUEBERRY BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD
- ZUCCHINI – after you grate your zucchini make sure you remove all the moisture by placing the grated zucchini in between a few paper towels and squeeze until all the liquid is removed.
- BANANAS – while the riper the banana the more flavor they bring, you don’t have to use super brown bananas for this recipe. A soft banana with a few spots is all that’s needed.
- BLUEBERRIES – we prefer to use fresh blueberries in this recipe. You can use frozen berries but be sure to carefully fold them in the batter as to not change the batter color. Keep in mind frozen berries will also make the batter thick, you can still smooth it out in your pan easily enough with a wooden spoon.
How to make Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, coconut oil, sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add grated zucchini, bananas, and blueberries and fold gently to combine.
- Bake for about 65-80 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is finished. Allow to cool in pan for 15- 20 minutes before removing to wire rack.
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil , liquid-state
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cup sour cream
- 1 TBSP . vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups all-purpose flour* see notes
- 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . cinnamon , optional
- 1 cup of fresh grated zucchini , remove moisture by placing in between two paper towels and pressing firmly * (see notes)
- 2 medium bananas , mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease one 9×5-inch loaf pan ( you an also split the batter into two pans, just be sure to adjust the baking time)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, coconut oil, granulated sugar, sour cream and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, and fold into mixture.
- Add the zucchini, bananas, and blueberries, and fold gently to combine.
- Turn batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 65 -80 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15- 20 minutes until transferring to a wire rack.
- *NOTES: All zucchini and bananas are different in the amount of moisture in them. Your batter should be on the thicker side. The zucchini will release water into the batter as it bakes. You may add additional flour to batter before cooking if needed. It’s better to have your batter be too thick than thin. I also suggest you place your grated zucchini between paper towels and press firmly to remove as much moisture as you can. Bake as long as needed and place a piece of foil on top of the bread if the top is beginning to brown.