This Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn is simple and bursting with fall flavors! It’s the perfect amount for parties and to share with a friend!
I love the flavor of pumpkin! If you are a regular reader then you already know that! 🙂 This pumpkin spice caramel popcorn is super delicious and so easy to make! Most Tuesday nights my husband plays basketball with a few of his buddies for a couple of hours and for the last couple of weeks the boys have requested popcorn while Daddy is away. I love all the fun flavored popcorn out there ( have you tried our white chocolate party popcorn) and thought I would try my hand at a fun fall flavored popcorn. This pumpkin spice caramel popcorn is super addicting! I took it to a friends house the night I made it and let’s just say the bowl only had a few kernels left in it by the end of the night.
It starts with a really simple caramel base and then we jazz it up a bit with some fall flavors 🙂 While you can use bagged popcorn I personally prefer to air pop my own popcorn. Once your caramel is ready you drizzle it over your popcorn and place it on a silpat or parchment paper covered pan and pop it in the oven for an hour. During that hour some amazing things happen…the flavors blend together and begins to harden on your popcorn pieces leaving you with a delicious taste of fall in every bite and a home that smells like a candle shop 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Pop popcorn into a very large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.Bring mixture to a boil and allow to boil 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add in vanilla and baking soda and stir mixture until it thick and glossy.Pour half of caramel sauce over popcorn then toss several times, add remaining caramel sauce and toss popcorn until evenly coated.
- Pour half of caramel sauce over popcorn then toss several times, add remaining caramel sauce and toss popcorn until evenly coated.
- Spread popcorn onto a cookie sheet and bake in pre-heated oven 1 hour, stirring popcorn every 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle on top of popcorn.
This recipe makes a good size bowl. It’s the perfect amount for parties and gatherings and it’s also great for packaging up and sharing with a friend!