No-Bake Butterscotch Sprinkle Cookies: a fun twist on an old classic. What’s better than not having to heat up the oven?
Tuesday was my first son Jacobs third birthday! I can not believe that he is 3 already! Where in the world does the time go? I decided to make the day special and bake some cookies—his choice! We scoured the internet and he immediately picked out all the cookies that had sprinkles on them. Let’s face it, everything is better with sprinkles right?!
I decided to mix up a batch of no-bake cookies. My mom used to bake peanut-butter chocolate no-bake cookies all the time so these cookies bring back memories. My brother still asks for these cookies! I decided to swap out the peanut butter and chocolate and replace it with butterscotch and they turned out so delicious!
Here’s a fun little video for those of you who would rather watch than read 🙂
I love cookie recipes that come together really quick and what’s better than not needing to heat up your oven!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups quick cooking oats
- Rainbow colored sprinkles
- In a small saucepan mix together butter, sugar and milk and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and butterscotch chips until they are melted.
- Add quick oats and stir until completely combined.
- Slowly mix in sprinkles.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto a baking sheet. Top with sprinkles.
- Place in refrigerator until cooled.