Honey White Bread Loaves is a soft and delicious bread recipe that is great for as a base for a sandwich or with homemade jam and butter.
Honey White Bread Loaves
All three of my kids love bread…I mean..LOVE bread. I always say their love for it comes from my sister who, when younger, could eat half a loaf herself. 🙂 Bread is one thing my picky eaters will enjoy and what’s better than a house filled with the aroma of fresh baked bread. This honey white bread loaves recipe is a family favorite that is soft, delicious and is great to use as a base for sandwiches .
This bread does take just a little bit of time to prepare and it does need to raise for about an hour. This recipe makes three whole loaves and is totally worth it! This honey white bread also freezes well, so you can have slices of homemade bread throughout your week or weeks.
Ingredients Needed for Bread Recipe:
- active dry yeast
- melted butter
How to Freeze Honey White Bread
- Allow loaves to cool completely, at least 3 to 4 hours. You don’t want any heat left in your bread when you wrap it because it will create steam and can make for a soggy bread.
- Wrap whole loaf in plastic wrap. I also like to place it in a ziploc freezer bag.
- My favorite way to freeze bread for quick breakfast or lunch options is to slice the bread before freezing. Then you can remove a slice or two as needed and it will thaw quickly on the counter.
- I typically let my bread come back to room temperature before using. Either use right away or you can even pop it in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees for a few minute to give it a slight toast.
- The bread will last about 3-6 months in the freezer but tastes best within the first month or two.
Honey White Loaves
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 8-9 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Add the butter, honey, eggs salt and 4 cups of flour.
Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Using dough hook attachment, knead until smooth and elastic about 5-7 minutes.
You can also do this by hand, roughly 8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl turning once to grease top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled; about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down.
Divide into thirds.
Shape into loaves.
Place in three greased loaf pans.
Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from pans to wire rack to cool.
Yields 3 loaves.
For more delicious bread recipes try these: