This Cranberry Bread is a delicious bread filled with fresh cranberries and topped with a delicious cranberry butter! Perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
I’m not sure which part of this recipe is better, the cranberry bread or the fresh cranberry butter that goes with it! This cranberry bread is a simple and delicious bread for your Thanksgiving table. It’s filled with fresh cranberries and a hint of orange from the frozen orange juice.
If you are making this bread you have got to try out the cranberry butter. They go together perfectly and all you need to do is blend the ingredients together so it’s simple too! Don’t worry if your butter has a curdled look to it, that’s normal 🙂
This cranberry bread makes a great gift for your friends and family members too! Make a double batch, wrap a loaf with some parchment paper and ribbon and give it to a friend.
CRANBERRY BREAD WITH CRANBERRY BUTTER RECIPE
Cranberry Bread with Cranberry Butter
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar divided
- 3 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk, or milk mixed with about 1 TBSP distilled vinegar
- 2 Tbsp frozen orange juice thawed
- 1 cup cranberries pureed
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
For the Bread
- Combine cranberries and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Sift flour, remaining sugar and dry ingredients.Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Lightly beat egg, buttermilk and orange juice.Add liquefied berries to dry ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes.
For the Butter
- Blend ingredients together. Refrigerate until used.
Photos by The PKP Way