As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These easy paper plate ocean animals are so fun to make! You only need a few craft supplies to make a crab, jellyfish and a silly shark!
Paper Plate Ocean Animals
If you have been around here for any length of time you probably know we really enjoy paper plate crafts! Some of our favorites are our farm animals, jungle animals, and our paper plate dinosaurs. They are so easy to make, use minimal supplies and center around the use of a cheap paper plate. No need to get the heavy duty plates for these crafts!
You only need a few basic supplies to create all three of these ocean creatures. Here is a list of supplies to have on hand:
To make each creature is super simple but if you would rather watch a quick DIY VIDEO TUTORIAL you can watch below:
PAPER PLATE OCEAN ANIMALS VIDEO
PAPER PLATE CRAB
HOW TO MAKE PAPER PLATE CRAB:
- Cut your paper plate in half and paint red. Allow to dry
- Cut out 6 strips of paper for the legs. Mine were about 3 inches long. Fold the strips back and forth accordion style. Attach to either side of the paper plate.
- Cut out 2 claw shaped pieces and attach to the top of the paper plate.
- Cut out 2 strips of paper for the eyes. Attach googly eyes and glue to the top of the paper plate.
PAPER PLATE SHARK
HOW TO MAKE PAPER PLATE SHARK
- Paint half of your paper plate in a medium gray paint color. Allow to dry.
- Cut out three fins total. I made the top fin slightly larger. Glue to dry plate.
- Cut out your mouth pieces. Draw a red mouth and use that as a template to make a slightly larger mouth. Glue individual white triangles onto the red piece. I like to do this by glueing the white teeth onto the red and having it go past the red piece. Then I turn it over and trim the extra white pieces to match the shape of the red mouth.This allows you to not have to worry about angles or straight lines on a rounded piece. Glue to your shark.
- Add large googly eyes.
PAPER PLATE JELLYFISH
HOW TO MAKE PAPER PLATE JELLYFISH
- Cut paper plate in half but in a wavy motion. Paint paper plate a bright purple.
- Attach large googly eyes.
- Cut strips of rick rack and ribbon.
- Glue or tape strips of trim and ribbon to the back of the jellyfish.