As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Paper Plate Jungle Animals are a fun activity for kids! You only need a few basic craft supplies to make a paper plate lion, zebra and an elephant!
Paper Plate Jungle Animals
A few times a week my kids are asking to craft something or say “i’m bored!” and it’s time we need to get our hands a little busy. As all moms of littles one are, i’m busy during the day, so being able to spend quality time with my kids while also not spending hours making a “mess” is a win win for me! 🙂 Paper plate crafts and fun, perfect for little hands and typically require minimal supplies.
Supplies needed to Make Jungle Animals:
- Paper Plates- you can use dessert or regular size paper plates. Just the cheap flimsy paper plates work great for crafting!
- Construction Paper- depending on what version you plan to make will depend on the colors you will need!
- Paint (Elephant & Lion) – if you plan to make a paper plate pig we found the easier way to give him his pink body was to paint it.
- Glue Sticks – no need for hot glue in this project, a glue bottle or glue stick will do the trick!
- Black Marker – you will want to use either a permanent marker or a black washable marker for little ones to draw on your different elements
- Googly eyes– we LOVE to add googly eyes to many of our kid projects! You can certainly draw you own if you don’t have any on hand.
- White Paint Pen – for zebra smile
How to Make Paper Plate Jungle Animals VIDEO
PAPER PLATE ELEPHANT:
- Begin by painting your paper plate blue.
- Using your paper plate as a template cut out two large ears and a trunk. You will also want to cut a piece for the inside of the ears and tip of the trunk.
- Once paper plate is dry glue your ear to the back of the paper plate and the trunk to the top of the paper plate.
- Add googly eyes and face features with your sharpie marker.
PAPER PLATE LION
- Paint your paper plate yellow.
- Cut out brown strips of paper. I had my strips alternate in shades of brown but one shade is fine.
- When plate is dry, flip over and glue your strips to the back of the plate. Along with two lion ears. Flip plate back over and trim as necessary.
- Add googly eyes to lion face along with face features with a sharpie marker.
PAPER PLATE ZEBRA
- Cut out ear pieces using white and black paper. Cut out long triangle shapes from your black paper.
- Glue triangle shapes to zebra face where desired. Trim as necessary. Glue on ear pieces.
- Add googly eyes and black mouth. Use a white paint pen to add face features.