As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Need a new craft for you and your kids to make this holiday season? Look no further than this Paper Plate Grinch that will make your heart grow three sizes this Christmas!
The holiday season is in full swing! Christmas time with kids is one of the best things. You get to experience joy through their eyes and watch as they light up around the holidays. Some of our favorite things to do during Christmas time are watching Christmas movies, baking holiday-themed goodies, and of course, making crafts!
How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one of our favorite movies. We have a Grinch Party each year which centers around festive Grinch-themed treats, like our Gingerbread Punch or Gingerbread Cookies. We also love to make Grinch Crafts, make gingerbread houses, play games and end the night with a Grinch movie.
If you’ve got some spare time and want your kids to get in on the holiday action, look no further than this Paper Plate Grinch craft! All you need are a few materials, some helping hands, and you’re ready to go!
PAPER PLATE GRINCH CRAFT HOW TO VIDEO:
Supplies for Making a Paper Plate Grinch
- paper plate (dessert size)
- lime green paint
- cardstock paper (yellow and red)
- black sharpie marker
- cotton balls
How to Make a Paper Plate Grinch
- Turn your paper plate upside down. This craft is going to be working with the bottom of the plate to make the Grinch’s face, so you’ll need to flip it over.
- Paint your paper plate with lime green paint. Let dry while you make the other parts of this craft.
- Cut out the eyes from yellow cardstock. Draw pupils like shown in the picture. Glue the eyes to the paper plate.
- Draw the other face elements.
- Draw out the Grinch’s hat on red cardstock. Glue cotton balls to the brim and add a cotton ball to the top of the hat. I had to puff my cotton balls by pulling on them slightly. Depending on the size of yours, you may need to do that too.
Fun Ideas for This Craft
Using the black marker, have your kids draw funny faces on the Grinch to switch up his expressions. Another fun idea would be to throw a Grinch-themed party and have your kids make these while they’re watching the movie! If you want to make the party even more festive, you can make some Grinch Punch and Grinch Cookies to go along with the activity! The kids will love it and it’ll give them something to do for an hour or two.
TIPS FOR GRINCH CRAFT:
- DRAW FUNNY FACES– give the kids a black marker and let them draw fun Grinch expressions!
- COTTON BALLS– swap the cotton balls for some white pom poms you can find at the craft stores.
- HAT– draw your hat in any shape you want. You can make your hat stand straight up, be more floppy or you can even leave the hat off completely.
Leave a Reply