Grinch Cookies: a fun cake mix cookie recipe to help celebrate the Christmas season! Perfect for a friendly Grinchmas party!
This post is sponsored by Re-Play. All opinions are mine.
Every year I host a fun Grinchmas party with my family. It’s a night full of gingerbread house making, Christmas games, yummy food, and watching The Grinch. The version with Jim Carey is our personal favorite 🙂 Some years we have played volleyball and other years we have added a fun ugly sweater contest, while every year is sometimes a tad differently we always have a great time being with each other and eating yummy treats. These Grinch Cookies are perfect for a festive Grinchmas night. Whether you have an annual Grinchmas party or just like to watch the movie with your family these cookies are a yummy treat!
First you will want to start with a basic cake mix cookie recipe, just like our funfetti cake mix cookies, these are simple and only require a few extra ingredients.
GRINCH COOKIES INGREDIENTS:
- White or Vanilla Cake Mix
- Canola Oil
- Green Food Coloring
- Confectioners Sugar
- Red Candy Melts
Once you mix all your cookie dough ingredients together you will want to roll your cookies in confectioners sugar. This step is totally optional but just adds a fun snowy look to the cookies. You can even sprinkle some on top as soon as the cookies come out of the oven.
Once your cookies are done baking and have cooled you can “paint” on some red hearts using red candy melts that have been melted.
Let the red chocolate hearts harden before serving.
- 1 box white or vanilla cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup red candy melts, melted
- Mix together cake mix, canola oil and eggs.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls or use a 1 inch cookie scoop. Roll dough into confectioners sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- "Paint on" hearts with your melted candy melts ( following the directions on the package)
If you are hosting a Grinchmas party I bet you would like this fun Grinch Playdough!