As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Create these simple and festive Santa Christmas treats with just a chocolate cake mix and a few other ingredients.
Mini Santa Hat Cupcakes
The holidays can always be a crazy time with school Christmas parties, family gatherings, and office parties. Sometimes simple treats are just what’s called for and most of the time it’s what I prefer to make 🙂 These mini Santa hat cupcakes are not only simple but super festive too!
Ingredients Needed for Santa Hat Cupcakes
The ingredients needed for these festive cupcakes are super simple and all starts with a boxed cake mix!
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Whipped Topping, we use Cool Whip
- Strawberries, stems and leaves removed
How to make Mini Santa Cupcakes:
- Prepare mini cupcakes accoridng to cake mix instructions. Using the ingredients called for on the box. Allow cupcakes to cool
- Pip on some of your whipped topping with a cake decorating bag and tip or with a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off.
- Remove leave and stems from your strawberries, cut the top off so you have a flat base.
- Place one strawberry, flat base down, on each cupcacke.
- Top your strawberry with a bit of whipped topping and sprinkle with a light dusting of powdered sugar if desired.
A Dusting of Sweetness
We like to add a touch of confectioners sugar to our mini Santa hat cupcakes to look a bit like snow. I would suggest adding the confectioner’s sugar right before serving as after a bit it will get absorbed into the strawberry and mini cupcakes.