As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Popsicle Stick Turkey Craft is a simple Thanksgiving craft for kids of all ages! Use bright colored paper made feathers to share what they are thankful for this season.
Ready for a simple and fun turkey craft to create this Thanksgiving season? We are all about simple crafts here and this turkey popsicle craft is a fun activity to do with kids of all ages.
The month of November brings many fall-themed crafts like our torn paper acorn, paper plate turkey, coffee filter turkeys, and Thankful Tree to name a few and this turkey popsicle stick craft is a fun addition to our Thanksgiving crafts. This activity is great way to add some creative fun to your day with minimal simple supplies needed!
HOW TO VIDEO:
Craft Stick Turkey
When creating this fun craft you can decide to add little notes of gratitude to the feathers or not. Before glueing your turkey’s feathers to the back of the triangle popsicle shape just have your child write what they are thankful for on each feather. If your littles can’t write quite yet you can just ask your child to tell you what they are thankful for and write it for them.
Simple Craft Supplies Needed:
- Cardstock or Construction Paper – brown and rainbow of colors
- Popsicle Craft Sticks
- Googly Eyes
- Sharpie Marker
- Glue Sticks or Hot Glue (adults only)
How to Make This Easy Thanksgiving Craft
1. Lay your popsicle sticks in a triangular shape and glue together. I prefer to use my glue gun for this part but only adults should use it. Place triangle popsicle stick on brown piece of paper. Trace around paper and cut out.
2. Create turkey feathers with your colored cardstock. If desired, have kids write what they are thankful for on each feather.
3. Glue feathers to the back of the popsicle sticks, which is the body of the turkey.
4. Add your googly eyes, turkey’s beak with orange paper and a snood with some red paper to the front of the turkey.
Fun ways to use these adorable turkeys:
- Use these turkeys as fun place cards at your Thanksgiving dinner table.
- Add a magnet to the back of your turkey as a fun refrigerator magnet to use this Thanksgiving holiday.
- Grab all your supplies and cut the feather shapes in advance and use this cute craft as a fun Thanksgiving activity in the classroom before school lets out for the season! Students can share with each other what they are thankful for and practice having a heart of gratitude while making a cute craft they can show off on turkey day!