Homemade Strawberry Popsicles are a delicious frozen popsicle treat made with three simple ingredients; strawberries, water, and sugar.
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY POPSICLES
Three simple ingredients are all you need to make these tasty frozen popsicle treats, and one of the ingredients is water- they really couldn’t be simpler! These popsicles aren’t overly sweetened so the strawberries really are the star of the show. These popsicles have no artificial dyes in them, just fresh strawberries to make that pretty red color. They make for a delicious summertime treat that you can feel good about.
SWEETENED THE WAY YOU LIKE IT
When we make our homemade strawberry popsicles we add some sugar to our strawberries. We prefer a slightly sweeter popsicle, but the beauty to this recipe is you can customize the sweetness to what you are comfortable with. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar. Don’t like to use white sugar? Use honey instead. You can even leave the sweetness out all together, but just keep in mind the popsicles may be tart.
How to make Strawberry Popsicles
- Mix together strawberries and sugar and allow to set for 15-20 minutes. This allows the sugar, or honey if using, to draw out the juices and flavors from the strawberries.
- Pour strawberries into blender and blend with 1 cup water.
- Blend until desired textured is achieved. We like to leave a few chunks in our mixture.
- Pour into ice cream molds (affiliate link)and freeze until solid.
Helpful Tips & FAQ’S
Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?
Yes! When strawberries aren’t in season, frozen berries are the way to go! You can use either the whole strawberries or sliced. I prefer sliced because they thaw a bit faster and are easier to blend but either will work. I still let the frozen berries mix with the sugar for about 20 minutes to begin to thaw and pull out the juices, then blend together.
How long does it take for these to freeze?
I have found that 6 hours is the sweet spot. Don’t be tempted to dig in too soon as the outside may look frozen but the inside may still be a bit juicy.
Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and roughly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar start with 1/4 cup and add more to taste
- 1 cup water
- Mix together strawberries and sugar and allow to set for 15-20 minutes. You want the sugar to draw out the juices from the strawberries. Add more sugar to taste if desired.
- Pour strawberries into blender and blend with 1 cup water. Blend until desired textured is achieved. We prefer our popsicles to have some tiny strawberry pieces in them.
- Pour into ice cream molds and freeze until solid.
For more frozen treats try these: