As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Creamy Seafood Pasta: this seafood dish is bursting with a creamy flavor of spices, shrimp, scallops and pasta. It’s a delicious meal served with a tossed salad and bread.
Easy Creamy Seafood Pasta
We love pasta in this household. My daughter is known for just eating a bowl of plain pasta noodles or stealing some off the counter before I even get the chance to add them to the sauce. It’s a staple in our house and I love how versatile it is. Whether it’s our herbed chicken fettuccine, tomato basil shrimp pasta, chicken & broccoli stuffed shells or your own personal favorite pasta dish it’s always a a quick dinner solution for busy schedules or for when you just want some comfort food.
Can I use frozen pre-cooked shrimp for this pasta dish?
I prefer to use uncooked shrimp as it doesn’t get tough as quickly when simmering but if frozen pre-cooked shrimp is what you have that will work. Just add the shrimp when you add the parmesan cheese, spices and sun dried tomatoes and let it heat through.
How to make Creamy Seafood Pasta
- Cook linguine or fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the shrimp, scallops and chicken broth. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink.
- Pour milk mixture into the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, and sun dried tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Lastly add baby spinach and mix until leaves wilt.
- Drain linguine; top with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Easy Creamy Seafood Pasta
- 8 ounces linguini, uncooked can substitute for spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb bay scallops
- 3 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped may add more to taste
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, heavy cream, and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the shrimp, scallops and chicken broth. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Pour milk mixture into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper, and sun dried tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes. Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Lastly add baby spinach and mix until leaves wilt. Drain linguine; top with seafood mixture. or pour linguine in skillet and mix together. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Great and easy to follow recipe. The family loved it!!! With our leftovers I served as a cold pasta salad dish with a garden salad and fish 🤤🤤🤤
Made the recipe and it turned out great! Once done I realized I never put the heavy cream that was listed in the ingredients above… just wondering when that was supposed to go in as I could not see in the instructions.
I was wondering the same thing. I mixed the milk, cream and cornstarch all together. it was a little thin, but we used Zucchini noodles instead of Linguine so it doesn’t hold the sauce the same. very easy and quick!
My whole family loved it! I added little beck clams..it was great!
This really was so easy to make! I can’t wait to make it again. It was a hit, especially my husband LOVED it!
So pretty, creamy, and delicious! I love the spinach in here and the shrimp and scallops are just such a delight paired with the cream sauce!
Mmm..this is creamy, cheesy, & has tons of flavors!! Love the addition of seafood. It’s a great way to change up a recipe!
This was a huge hit at my house!! So delish!
This is right up my alley! I love a simple seafood pasta dish! Thank you!