As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Paper Plate Gingerbread Man craft is the perfect holiday activity for kids of all ages to add to your list of fun Christmas crafts.
Simple Paper Plate Gingerbread Man Craft
Gingerbread cookies are a classic Christmas cookie that are not only fun to decorate but are delicious to eat. My kids LOVE making and eating gingerbread cookies every holiday season. We decided to make a spin off of the traditional gingerbread man and make our version of a gingerbread boy and a gingerbread girl in paper plate form. This easy craft would be a great way to add some creative flare to your next holiday party. The kids will love having something to bring home! You could even pair these cute gingerbread men with a night of making gingerbread houses and watching a Christmas movie.
HOW TO VIDEO:
You only need minimal crafting supplies which makes this a simple craft you can make with your kids even during the hustle and bustle of the season. It’s a great way to spend a little extra time with your kiddos this Christmas season and is the perfect way to spread some holiday cheer.
- paper plates, we used dessert size paper plates but you can use a large paper plate if desired
- craft paint, brown
- card stock or construction paper, green and pink
- green pom pom
- Black Marker, we use Sharpie
- large googly eyes
- white paint pen
How to make Paper Plate Gingerbread Man:
1. Start off by painting the back of the paper plate brown and let dry. We prefer to use the back of the plate so the face stays rounded.
2. Add your “icing” details with a white paint pen on your brown plate. We made a different gingerbread man cookie design for both the girl and boy.
3. Add googly eyes and eyelashes to your paper plate.
4. Cut pink cheeks out of pink construction or cardstock paper and glue in place. If you don’t want to freehand your circles you can use a larger hole punch to create perfect circles.
5. Add holly berries as a hair bow and bow tie from paper and a pom pom to your gingerbread men if desired.
We love easy crafts here and this diy paper plate craft is a great project to add to our collection of holiday paper plates. I think you would love to try these Christmas ideas: