As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Santa Handprint Craft is a simple Christmas craft for the kids to do this holiday season! All you need is a few supplies and your child’s hand.
Christmas handprint crafts are a fun way for the littlest of crafters to create something this Christmas season. While this handprint craft is great for kids of all ages, this activity is best for little hands. My kids don’t especially love getting their hand painted so our handprint Santa starts with a cut out of their handprint from card stock rather than painting it. We use paint in a different way for this handprint but it’s still just as fun and is a great way to introduce paint as a new crafting medium. This Santa craft will be a fun addition to your growing list of fun Christmas crafts.
Supplies Needed for Handprint Santa:
- flesh colored card stock (construction paper isn’t a great swap for this craft as the paint gets a little heavy for the weight of cardstock)
- white acrylic paint or washable paints
- googly eyes
- red glitter paper
- red pom pom
- cotton balls
- sharpie marker
- pink colored pencil or crayon
HOW TO MAKE SANTA HANDPRINT:
1. Start off by tracing your child’s handprint shape on your flesh colored paper.
2. Using a white cotton ball and your white paint, sponge the finger portion of the handprint. This will be Santa’s beard.
3. Cut out a shape for the Santa hat from your red glitter paper. Glue your cotton balls to the brim and the tip Santa’s hat.
3. Glue your finished Santa hat to the top of the handprint.
4. Add your googly eyes, red nose, pink cheeks with a pink colored pencil and a smirk with your black marker to your finished handprint.
This Santa handprint is such a cute craft that can be made in less than 30 minutes and is a great addition to Christmas keepsakes.
How to Display Santa Claus Handprint:
- If desired, you can add a small hole to the top of your finished handprint and add a small piece of string to hang on the tree – now you have a cute paper Santa ornament for your Christmas tree!
- Add a small strip of a magnet to the back of your finished craft and hang on your refrigerator.
- Add a popsicle stick to the back of your handprint craft for the little kids to use as a Christmas puppet.
For more Christmas Handprints you should try these other great ideas: