Easy Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes – a fun and simple pumpkin cupcake recipe that the kids can have fun making! Start with a quick batch of cupcakes and get decorating with M&M’s and other easy to find ingredients!
Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
Cupcakes are one of our favorite ways to celebrate different seasons/holidays and even birthday parties. They are simple to make, feed a crowd, and look so pretty! Just like our apple cupcakes these little pumpkin treats are an easy way to celebrate Fall.
The best part about these cupcakes is that they are kid-friendy. Even the little ones can help!. I love to create kids treats with my children and there are so many learning steps when doing so. For these cupcakes there: is color sorting the M&M’s, fine motor skills placing the candy on the cupcakes, counting out the candy pieces, even showing them that the cupcakes match. It’s a fun way to learn, create, and then enjoy a snack!
Kid Friendly Ingredients
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these pumpkin patch cupcakes and the ingredients can make quite a few depending on how many you need.
- Cupcakes, iced in your desired icing. When creating with kids I tend to go semi-homemade. Box mix cupcakes and homemade frosting or even store bought is how we roll 🙂
- Green Air Head candy, or other green candy. (Apple Laffy Taffy is another good option)
- Orange M&M’s or Reeses Pieces – you will be able to make more cupcakes with a bag of Reeses Pieces as you won’t be sorting through as many colors.
- Mini Pretzel Sticks
Don’t want to make a whole batch of cupcakes?
If you only want to make a few cupcakes check out our 3 Easy Ways to Freeze Cupcake Batter so you can only make what you need and have some batter ready for your next cupcake decorating craft.
How to make Kid Friendly Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
- Bake your cupcakes and allow them to cool before frosting.
- Frost in your desired colors. ( We chose white because it really makes the pumpkin pop)
- Cut small pieces of your Air Head Candy and shape into a small leaf. Using a small toothpick have your kids “draw” on the leaf veins.
- Place one orange candy in the center of your cupcake. Add three more orange candies on either side (to form a circle)leaving just a small gap at the very top for your pretzel stem.
- Place a small piece of your pretzel sticks in the small opening to make your pretzel stem. Add your leaf and serve 🙂
For more fun cupcake ideas try these: