As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These cute and crafty barnyard puppets are one of my kid’s favorite crafts! They’re super easy to make and don’t require a ton of supplies!
Handmade Barnyard Puppets
Farm animals are a classic favorite among kids of all ages. Whether your toddler is learning what sounds their favorite animals make, they are learning “P” can stand for “PIG” or they are having a field trip to their local farm these fun animals are a hit! These barnyard puppets are a fun corresponding craft for all things farm learning. They pair perfectly with our paper plate farm animals as well!
How to Make Barnyard Puppets VIDEO
What You Need to Make Barnyard Puppets
For this craft, you’ll need—
- Paper bags (you can use pink for pigs and white for cows/sheep)
- Construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Farm Animal Template
Follow these steps to make these super easy Barnyard Puppets!
- Take the paper bag and lay it flat on a surface with the flap facing up. Cut 2 inches off the bottom of your bags.
- Using our free barnyard animal templates cut out your template pieces and cut our corresponding pieces from your cardstock.
- Next, glue all the pieces of construction paper onto their designated area of the bag. It’s important to glue the pieces, gently smoothing out any air bubbles and wiping away any excess glue.
- After letting your puppet dry, draw a smiley face on the mouth.
- Add your googly eyes.
Tips for Making Barnyard Puppets
If you want to keep your puppets intact, I recommend storing the puppets in a neat space, such as a desk or cupboard.
If you want to let your kids participate in the craft, you can let them decorate the barnyard puppets any way they want to! Glitter, fabric, and paint are fun ways you can take your barnyard puppets and let your child make them their own. With enough patience and creativity, your child will learn valuable life lessons all while playing with their favorite barnyard animals!