As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Halloween Monster Marshmallow Treats are a quick snack to whip up for the kids during the trick or treat season!
Halloween Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treats
My kids LOVE marshmallow treats- do yours? It’s one of their favorite snacks and as a small family we could easily eat a pan in just a few hours! 🙂 I thought it would be fun to make their special treats even more crazy by adding some sprinkles and a mini Oreo cookie as a monster eyeball! They LOVED eating the monster 😉
Ingredients Needed for Monster Treats
- Rice Krispie Treats, your favorite recipe or our recipe below
- Halloween Sprinkles, we used these
- Mini Oreo Cookies
- Black or Brown Candy Decorating Icing
How to Make Halloween Rice Krispie
- Make your favorite Rice Krispie recipe. While the Krispies are still warm, add sprinkles on top. Allow to cool.
- Cut rice Krispies into square or rectangular shapes.
- Add a dollop of frosting or black cookie decorating gel to the center of the treat.
- Carefully separate the top and bottom cookies from the mini Oreo Cookies.
- Add a small black dot in the center of the cookie to make an eyeball.
- Place eyeball on the dollop of frosting on the Rice Krispie Treat
For more fun Halloween Treats check out these:
Halloween Monster Marshmallow Treats
- 3/4 cup butter
- 11 cups mini marshmallows about two 10 ounce bags
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9 cups crispy rice cereal
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Add Rice Krispie cereal. Stir until fully coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wooden spoon evenly press coated Rice Krispie cereal into a 13 x 9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Top with sprinkles and peeps while still warm. I placed the peeps a few inches away from each other, or about the size pieces I wanted to serve.
- Let cool and serve.
Everyone loves marshmallow treats and turning them into monsters…brilliant!