As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This fluffy slime recipe is simple, fun and colorful! You only need a few simple supplies to make a batch of fluffy slime the kids will love!
SLIME. You either love it or you hate it. For most parents it’s probably more of a hate relationship but kids just seem to love it! One of our favorite slimes to make is the ever popular fluffy slime recipe. From personal experience I feel as though fluffy slime has the least amount of mess involved. It’s a bit easier to clean up and isn’t as sticky.
As always, I would recommend covering your play surface with a disposable table cloth to make clean up a breeze. This base of this recipe is shaving cream which gives this slime it’s nice fluffy texture and while it’s non-toxic to the touch this is not something that should be ingested as it contains contact solution and Elmer’s glue.
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY FLUFFY SLIME
- Use good quality glue! We have tested this with both Elmer’s glue and Dollar Store glue and the cheaper glue NEVER worked. I can’t say for certainly other brands don’t work but we always get the best result with working with Elmer’s glue. This post isn’t sponsored. This has just been our experience.
- Mix your food coloring with your glue before adding the shaving cream. We have found mixing our colors with the glue first results in a more even color in the final fluff slime. Keep in mind the color will be a tad lighter after you add the shaving cream.
- *Use contact solution containing boric acid and sodium borate in the ingredient list. This is what interacts with the glue to form the slime. We recommend using Renu fresh or Equate brand (Multi-purpose). I have found a few generic brands work well when making sure they contain the necessary ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY SLIME WITH SHAVING CREAM
- 4 ounce bottle Elmers White Glue
- 2 Tbsp. contact saline solution
- 1-2 cups shaving cream
- Place glue in a bowl. If you’re adding food coloring, add it now until desired color is reached.
- Add saline /contact solution * important note above and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1-2 cups of shaving cream. The more you add, the thicker it’ll be. The less you add, the slimier it will be. I usually end up adding about 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir until you can no longer stir and then knead with your hands. It will be sticky at first, but keep kneading it with your hands until it is no longer sticky and desired consistency is reached. If needed you can add a touch more saline. You can also add a touch of saline to your hands if it’s sticky to handle.
For more fun kids activities try these:
How much glue and contact solution do you use? Did I miss that? This looks fun and I’m all for something less messy than traditional slime!
There is an ingredient list right above the directions about half way down the page! Are you still having problems viewing it? I hope you have fun!
I see them now, I don’t know why I missed them before, weird! I saw the 1-2 cups of shaving cream but scrolled up and down a few times looking for an ingredient list and could have sworn there wasn’t one. 🤦🏻♀️ Thanks!