As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Valentine’s Day Garland is such a fun project for the kids! You only need coffee filters, washable markers, and a spray bottle to make these pretty festive hearts!
Valentine’s Day Garland
This coffee filter heart garland is so simple to make! It’s a perfect Valentine’s Day craft for kids as small as preschoolers to pre-teens that want a pretty and festive way to add some color to their bedrooms. Tie Dye is always a favorite among crafters and these hearts are a mix of a tie dye and watercolor look but without fancy dyes and long drying times.
CREATIVE WAYS TO DECORATE
Here are some fun ways to enjoy these festive hearts:
- Use the garland for a Valentine’s Day party decoration!
- Hang strings of garland over doors, windows or home furniture pieces for a festive look around your home.
- For something different, hang the garland vertically instead of horizontally.
- If you make the garland long enough, it can make a cute table runner.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE VALENTINE’S DAY GARLAND:
If you are a coffee drinker and love to do crafts, you will most likely already have everything on hand you’ll need to make this cute heart garland. Your supply list includes:
- Coffee filter
- Washable markers
- Spray water bottle
- Hole punch and scissors
- Heavy string, yarn, or ribbon
Steps for Making a Heart Garland
- Use washable markers to color the coffee filters. You can do them in shades of pink and red, soft pastels, or any color combination you like. You can also make them match specific traditional holiday colors.
- Once they are colored, spray them with the water bottle until the colors start to blend.
- Carefully and gently pick up the saturated coffee filters and place them on paper towels.
- Let them dry completely. If you want them to dry faster, you may use a hairdryer which drastically speeds up the drying process. You will just need to carefully hold down the coffee filter with a finger or two until it’s dry.
- Fold the dry coffee filter in half and cut out a half of a heart shape so that when the filter is opened back up it will make a full heart.
- Use a hole punch to punch two holes in the tops of the humps on the heart.
- String a large piece of string or yarn through all the hearts.
- Use as a pretty garland.
For more Valentines’s Day Craft try these: