This Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe makes for a delicious fall dessert! You start with a cream cheese layer and top it with a cinnamon and fall spice filled pumpkin layer. It’s a perfect Thanksgiving dessert.
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
September 1st comes along and all things pumpkin begin to appear right? I love pumpkin all year round but I definitely, like so many others, bake with it more often in the Fall. There is just something about pumpkin cinnamon rolls, mini pumpkin donuts, pumpkin swirl pancakes and this pumpkin cheesecake recipe that just fits the mood that Fall brings with it. The cozy cooler nights, the crisp air, spice scented candles and warm comfort food are just a few of my favorite things during this time of year. This pumpkin cheesecake recipe is a delicious comfort food dessert and it’s perfect for any Fall themed parties or to be served along apple pie or my favorite triple berry pie at your Thanksgiving table.
How to make an Easy Pumpkin Dessert
The two layers on this pumpkin dessert look so pretty but don’t take much extra time at all to achieve. You just need to mix your two layers into two different bowls and then pour one at a time. We like to use a homemade graham cracker crust but you can certainly use a store bought graham cracker crust if you would prefer. Instead of a graham cracker crust you could swap it out for a chocolate one too. Either flavor will be delicious!
One your layers are poured you will pop it in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the center is just about set. Then you will let it rest and cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Top your pumpkin cheesecake with either whipped topping or Cool Whip, we have a divide in our family over which is better. 🙂 While I know neither one is necessarily “good” for you we still like to enjoy it with some of our favorite desserts.
Pumkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Dash of Ground cloves, roughly 1/8 tsp
- Dash of Nutmeg, roughly 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- graham cracker crust, prepared homemade or store bought
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- 8-10 graham crackers
- 5 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP sugar
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Place graham crackers in a food processor and process until small crumbs have formed. Stir in butter and sugar. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie Filling
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time and mix until blended.
- Stir pumpkin and spices into 1 cup of the cream cheese batter. Pour remaining cream cheese batter into crust and top with pumpkin batter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is just about set. Cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Top with Whipped Cream. Serve.
Photos by The PKP Way