Farmhouse Ornaments: a simple farmhouse decor DIY for your Christmas tree! White modeling clay, black and gold sharpie markers, and a touch of ribbon are all you need to make these simple farmhouse ornaments.
DIY Farmhouse Ornaments
Farmhouse decor is all the rage and it shows no signs of slowing down. My decorating style for years has been what I always called “cottage chic” so when the farmhouse style became popular it already fit so well with my current style. I love the classic pops of white and black in most farmhouse decor and these ornaments are perfect for a farmhouse Christmas tree. Over the farmhouse look? These ornaments can easily be made to match any color theme. Just swap out the gingham ribbon for one that coordinates with your style.
Affiliate links may be used
You only need a few simple supplies to make these farmhouse ornaments and depending on what size bag of modeling clay you get you can get anywhere from 10-20 ornaments.
- Oven Ready White Modeling Clay
- Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Gold Marker
How to make DIY Farmhouse Ornaments
- Begin by rolling out your modeling clay.
- Using a Christmas Tree Cookie Cutter cut out trees. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Using a straw, make a small hole in the top of your tree.
- Place in the oven to dry. (Follow the directions on your particular modeling clay package)
- Using a black and gold sharpie marker draw on your designs. We did a mixture of words such as “Noel”, “Joy”, “Merry” and various patterns like hearts, polka dots, and mini triangles.
For more DIY Ornament ideas try these:
- Wedding Ornament
- Snowflake Glitter Ornaments
- Thumbprint Snowflake Ornament
- Glitter Silhouette Ornaments for Kids
- Wood Slice Ornaments