Muffins are one of my favorite go to treats! The kids and hubby love them and the flavor possibilities are endless! I love eating them as soon as they come out of the oven but popping in the microwave works well too! These pumpkin streusel muffins are so delicious and perfectly moist! They have a really yummy streusel topping made out of brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. It adds a great sweet texture to the muffins! My house smelled just like how fall baking should smell like and the boys couldn’t wait to eat their muffin!
This recipe made 12 muffins exactly which is a perfect amount for my little family of 4! This recipe would be great made into mini muffins as well! You could serve them at any fall brunch. I would just check on the muffins a bit earlier than the time needed to regular muffins to make sure they don’t get over-baked.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( optional)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, use your fingers to crumble the butter into the dry ingredients.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients just until mixed.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
What are some of your favorite go to muffin recipes?!