Pumpkin Streusel Muffins: a delicious and flavorful pumpkin muffin topped with a sugar and cinnamon streusel topping that adds a perfect sweet crunch!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
Muffins are one of my favorite go to treats! The kids and hubby love them and the flavor possibilities are endless! I love eating them as soon as they come out of the oven but popping in the microwave works well too! These pumpkin streusel muffins are so delicious and perfectly moist and are definitely a family favorite along with our chocolate chip muffins, cinnamon applesauce muffins, and our banana chocolate chip mini muffins.
These pumpkin streusel muffins have a really yummy streusel topping made out of brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. It adds a great sweet texture to the muffins! My house smelled just like how fall baking should smell like and the boys couldn’t wait to eat their muffin!
How many muffins does this recipe yield?
Most of the time I get exactly 12 muffins but sometimes I can squeeze 14 out of the batter 🙂
Do I have to use whole flour in this pumpkin streusel muffin recipe?
No! You can make this recipe with just all purpose flour or use one cup all purpose flour and one cup whole wheat flour as the recipe states. I have not tried using only whole wheat flour so I can’t guarantee how it would come out.
Can I make these into mini muffins instead of regular size muffins?
Yes! I would suggest baking them for about 15 -17 minutes but begin checking them after 12 minutes of cook time.
Do I have to add the streusel?
Well, of course you don’t have to but it’s certainly what brings this muffin all together and adds an extra sweet crunch!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 TBSP butter cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cold butter and toss to coat, use your fingers to crumble the butter into the dry ingredients.
FOR THE PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients just until mixed.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For more pumpkin recipes try these: