Mini Berry Pies: delicious mini pies that are filled with your favorite berries and topped with pie crust. Baked to golden perfection in individual ramekins these make the perfect dessert.
Mini Berry Pies
One of my favorite desserts is our triple berry pie, it’s a delicious pie recipe that we bring to many of our holiday gatherings and these mini berry pies are a delicious spin off when I need a berry dessert quickly. These berry pies are made into individual size ramekins and topped with pie crust, either homemade or store-bought. They are baked to a golden perfection and gives you all the flavors and tastes of a delicious slice of berry pie in one little dish.
Ingredients needed for Mini Fruit Filled Pies:
- mixed Berries
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- pie crust
The ingredients you need are most you already have on hand. You can use either a store-bought or homemade crust for these mini berry pies. While I prefer the taste of homemade pie crust I always have store-bought crust on hand for simple and quick desserts like these berry pies and our cinnamon sugar pie crust cookies.
How to make Mini Pies
- In a large bowl gently mix together berries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Let sit on counter for 15 minutes or until the sugar starts to bring out the juices from the berries.
- Evenly divide berry mixture into lightly greased ramekins. I used 6 (6 oz) ramekins.
- Cut a circle out of your pie crust dough the size of your ramekin. Cut out small shapes or just slits to vent the pies.
- Place crust on top of berries and push crust into the side of the baking ramekins.
- Beat one egg and lightly brush on top of crust.
- Place prepared ramekins on top of a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and to allow berries to thicken.
These berry pies are delicious served warm or cold. We love to top our ramekins with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to store Mini Berry Pies?
We wrap our individual mini berry pies in saran wrap and place them in the refrigerator. They last 2-3 days in the refrigerator. We like to reheat them back in the oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes until the are warmed through. You can also place them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. I personally like to eat my mini berry pies cold 🙂
For more berry filled desserts try these: