One thing I wish I was better at is keeping a journal! Not a journal where I necessarily keep my personal feelings for the day, but a journal to keep the memories of the day! Every day, my two boys do something that makes me smile, sometimes cry and feel extremely extremely blessed to be there Momma! Days go by like a blur and I know I will forget the memories or the silly things they said or did that had me chuckling for an hour. Some days I have a hard time remembering what I had for lunch the day before or how a bottle of juice ended up with the dishes! Don’t believe me? Check out this picture from my INSTAGRAM….:)
I’m really trying to keep “notes of the day” and keeping a pen right near the journal definitely HELPS!! I made a fun journal pen holder to make sure there is always one there when I need it!
1. Measure the length of your journal. Mine was about 8 1/4 inches.
2. Cut out two strips of fabric 2 inches wide by the length of your journal and a third strip about 2 inches longer than half of your first two strips. Confusing? My two strips were 8 inches x 2 inches. My third strip was 6 inches by 2 inches. ( slightly longer than half) You also need to cut a piece of elastic. I cut mine 1 inch smaller than the length of my journal so it would fit nice and snug over my journal
3. Using the smallest strip of fabric, fold your edge over a 1/4 inch press with a hot iron and repeat. Top stitch. ( This will be your pocket)
4. Lay your pocket piece on top of one of the first two strips. Sew the pocket sides to hold in place. You don’t need to sew the bottom.
5. Lay your final piece on top of your main piece ( pretty sides together. Sew down both sides. You don’t need to sew the top or bottom.
6. Turn both of your ends inside of itself and press with a hot iron. Insert the end of your elastic and sew. Repeat on the other side.