Peanut Butter Apple Nachos: a delicious healthy treat that the whole family will love. Customize them with your family’s favorite toppings!
This post contains affiliate links.
Apples and peanut butter–it’s one of life sweetest combinations! Lately I have been on the ever popular 21 day fix which focuses on portion control and a whole foods diet, along with 30 minutes of exercise. Eating healthier is a lifestyle change but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yummy healthier treats! These peanut butter apple nachos come together super quickly and can be altered to your taste. Don’t like chocolate chips? Leave them off. LOVE nuts? Throw them on! The possibilities are endless. Drizzling some white chocolate on top would be delicious too!
Peanut Butter Apple Nachos
- 1-2 apples
- 3 Tbsp . Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp . honey
- 2 Tbsp . Shredded Coconut
- Peanut Butter Baking Chips
- Mini Semi- Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Your other favorite toppings...
- Thinly slices your apples and lay on top of a platter.
- Mix together peanut butter and honey, place in microwave for 15 second increments until slightly melted and it reaches a drizzle type consistency.
- Drizzle peanut butter mixture on top of apples.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut, peanut butter chips and mini baking chips on top. OR Add your desired toppings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you are trying to cut even more calories and fat from your diet you can also replace the peanut butter with PB Fit, which I actually really enjoy! You can leave the peanut butter off completely and drizzle the apple slices with some dark chocolate as well. It really can be whatever you want!
My littlest guy-Carter-could not have enough of these apples! My oldest son Jacob tends to be a very picky eater but he loved these apples as well! It was great knowing he was getting a healthy and nutritious snack without “forcing” him to eat something.
I bet your kids would love my Kids Apple Cookies version!
This post and images have been updated as of 1/16/17