As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
DIY Terrarium for kids is a fun craft for little hands. Small figurines and faux succulents makes this a fun home decor piece for their room.
TERRARIUM FOR KIDS
My kids are always wanting to make fun things for their rooms and these faux terrariums are so fun and can be personalized for any kids room! My middle son loves his dinosaurs and my daughter is into princesses and unicorns which is why we created these two versions. My oldest son after the fact decided he wanted a dragon version and his is just as fun!
WHAT MAKES THESE TERRARIUM GREAT FOR KIDS?
These terrariums are great for kids rooms because:
- Faux Succulents: while I love a real terrarium with live succulents we decided to use Faux succulents for our kids terrariums. This allows this craft to be a “make it and forget it” craft which is great for kids. No need to water or deal with real dirt.
- Plastic Fish Bowls: because this is going in a kids room we wanted it to be as safe as possible. If it gets knocked over I didn’t want glass to shatter all over their rooms.
- Personalize it!: you can make each fish bowl to match any color scheme or any theme, making this a great craft for all ages
VIDEO FOR TERRARIUM FOR KIDS
Supplies needed to make Dinosaur Terrarium:
- 1 gallon plastic fish bowl
- Miniature Dinosaurs, your favorites
- Aquarium Rocks, you can find these on Amazon, or in your local pet store, we used a mixture of white, black, and river rock style.
- Faux Succulents
HOW TO MAKE DINO TERRARIUM
- Add your rocks to your plastic bowl. I liked to layer mine by color starting with white, river rock and then ending with black.
- Add your succulents.
- Finish off by adding your dinosaurs and larger pebbles if desired.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR UNICORN TERRARIUM
- 1 gallon fish bowl
- light purple gems
- Aquarium Rocks, found on Amazon or local pet stores- we chose white rocks but any of your favorite colors could work
- Plastic Unicorn Cake Toppers
- Faux Succulents
HOW TO MAKE UNICORN TERRARIUM
- Add white rocks or desired color rocks to the bottom of your fish bowl.
- Top with purple gems.
- Add your succulents and plastic unicorns.
Leave a Reply