Oven Roasted Potato Wedges are a delicious and simple potato side dish that is flavorful, tasty, and pairs perfectly with your favorite protein.
OVEN ROASTED POTATO WEDGES
Side dishes can be my nemesis. It’s so easy to plain the “main dish” but finding a side dish that pairs well with our meal and all my kids love can sometimes be a tad difficult. These oven roasted potato wedges however are a favorite with everyone. They only take a few minutes to pull together and then they roast in the oven to a perfect golden brown with the slight crisp skin and tender insides. They would pair perfectly with our honey lime grilled chicken, philly cheesesteak sloppy joes ring, and our homemade sloppy joes.
Simple Ingredients Baked to Perfection
This recipe only requires a few simple pantry ready ingredients. These potato wedges are tossed in a delicious herb seasoning and baked to a crisp perfection.
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
FAVORITE DIPPING SAUCES
- Ranch Dressing, store bought or homemade
- BBQ Sauce
- Fry Sauce
HOW TO MAKE OVEN ROASTED POTATO WEDGES
- Preheat oven to 400 °F Line a LARGE baking sheet with parchment paper; ( OR TWO SMALL TO MEDIUM SIZE ONES) set aside.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways again, and then cut each half in half lengthways again until you have 8 wedges. (Make sure they are about the same thickness and size). Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour oil mixture over potatoes and toss until fully covered. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer on a large baking tray, skin-sides-down. Sprinkle with half of the parmesan cheese and extra salt if needed.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn wedges to other side and continue to bake for an additional 10- 15 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with a light amount of fresh parsley and remaining parmesan cheese to serve. Serve with ranch dressing and/or ketchup.
Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
- 5 medium to large russet potatoes
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a LARGE baking sheet or two small to medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half again, and repeat. You will end with 8 potato wedges. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, italian seasoning, salt to a small bowl and whisk until combined. Pour over potatoes and toss until fully covered.
- Arrange potato wedges on baking sheet in a single layer. Skin sides down. Sprinkle with half of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turn wedges to the other side and continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the potato wedges are fork tender and crisp.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley before serving. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.