As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This homemade strawberry lemonade is a delicious berry twist on our favorite lemonade recipe – a bright lemon flavor topped with delicious strawberry puree!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
If I can add a berry touch to my favorite classic beverages, breakfast sweets, or desserts I will. This strawberry lemonade is a delicious berry twist on our favorite homemade lemonade recipe. The best part about this beverage is it’s as simple as making a 4 ingredient batch of homemade lemonade and pureeing sweet delicious strawberries.
Best Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade
- Lemons – to make our batch of lemonade you will need roughly 6-8 lemons. Freshly squeezed is a must!
- Strawberries – you will want to hull 1/2 pound to 1 pound of strawberries and puree them in a food processor. Once pureed you can push the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. This step is optional, if you don’t mind seeds you can skip this step.
- Sugar – this get’s perfectly dissolved into the simple syrup you will make.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade
- In a small sauce pan mix together sugar, and water. Simmer over medium heat and bring to a simmer to dissolve sugar. Set aside and let cool.
- Squeeze lemons until you get about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
- Puree strawberries into food processor.
- Add all ingredients to taste in a large pitcher or individual glasses with ice and water.
Strawberry Homemade Lemonade
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice ( about 8 lemons )
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 - 1 lb strawberries, washed and hulled
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water with 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Place over medium heat and bring just to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let the syrup cool to room temperature. Pop in the refrigerator for it to cool faster.
- Squeeze 1 1/2 cups lemon juice.
- To make the full batch of lemonade, pour 7 cups cold water into a pitcher. Add the 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice and 1 1/2 cups chilled sugar syrup and stir to combine. You can also add the lemon juice and sugar syrup to taste.
- Add ice to glasses when serving.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
- Add washed and hulled berries into food processor and pulse until smooth.
- If desired, push strawberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add desired amount of strawberry puree to pitcher or individual glasses