As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Coconut Cherry Snowball Cookies are a delicious Christmas cookie! A maraschino cherry wrapped in buttery cookie dough, dipped in powdered sugar and coconut makes for a yummy and festive holiday cookie!
Coconut Cherry Snowball Cookies
My boys just LOVE maraschino cherries, so when I made these fun coconut cherry snowball cookies that has a cherry wrapped in the middle- they were so excited! These cookies are perfect for the holiday season and would be great for a cookie exchange or a sweet treat to give to a friend or neighbor. I love how after you roll these cookies in a confectioners sugar icing and dip them in coconut they look like snowballs-which is also so fun for the kids.
This recipe for these cherry coconut snowball cookies have a few steps but they are really simple to put together once you make your cookie dough. Even the kids can have fun “wrapping” the cherry in the cookie dough.
How to make Cherry Coconut Snowball Cookies
Scroll down for the printable cherry coconut snowball cookies recipe.
- Mix together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add water and mix until combined. Slowly add in remaining ingredients.
- Roll out 1 tbsp of cookie dough, flatten and place cherry in the center.
- Fold cookie dough around the cherry until all holes are sealed.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool.
For more delicious Christmas Cookie recipes try these:
Cherry Coconut Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 TBSP water
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- maraschino cherries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- In a stand mixer, mix together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add water and mix until combined. Slowly add in remaining ingredients.
- Roll out 1 tbsp of cookie dough. Flatten cookie dough and place cherry in the center.
- Fold cookie dough around the cherry until all holes are sealed. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Mix together confectioners sugar and milk. Dip your cookies in confectioners icing. Dip cookie into flaked coconut.