As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Egg Carton Flowers are such a fun and pretty craft to celebrate the spring and summer season using recycled cardboard egg cartons and a few other craft supplies!
Egg Carton Flowers
These egg carton flowers are the cutest, easiest craft to celebrate the spring and summer season! Recycle your cardboard egg cartons by transforming them into beautiful flowers on a canvas. This is such a fun craft to do with kids, and the end product always turns out so pretty!
Ways to Use Your Egg Carton Flowers
Here are a few of my favorite ways to use, display, or give your adorable egg carton flowers!
- Prop these on your kids nightstand, bookshelf or in other areas of the house for a pop of color!
- Gather all your supplies and turn this into a fun “garden party” craft with your daughters friends.
- Give them out as gifts to friends and family members or make them with your kids to give to their teachers during teacher appreciation week or as an end of the year thank you gift!
Supplies You’ll Need to Make Egg Carton Flowers
One of the best things about these egg carton flowers is that they only require a handful of supplies — and you might have most of them laying around your house already!
- Cardboard egg carton
- Craft paints in any colors you like
- Pom poms
- Green pipe cleaners
- Green paper or felt
- Hot glue gun and glue
- An 8 x 10 think canvas, like these ones here!
How to Make Your Own Egg Carton Flowers
- Cut up your egg carton. You will want to use the area that holds the egg for the base of your flowers. You can go ahead and cut off the higher part in between the eggs.
- Cut flower shapes out of the carton cups. Feel free to cut each one a little differently or keep them all the same shape. I varied each of mine by cutting more or less slits to form different amounts of petals!
- Paint your egg carton flowers with the craft paint colors that you have chosen. You will want to paint both the inside and outside of the flowers so that the color underneath won’t show. I recommend colors in shades of pink, purple, orange, yellow, etc. These colors are perfect for a spring color palette, but the possibilities are endless!
- Allow your egg cartons to fully dry. This will make them less messy to handle once you are ready to assemble your flower display!
- Next, place a pom pom in the center of each of your flowers. Again, the colors are totally up to you. Glue each pom pom in place securely. A hot glue gun would work great for this.
- Paint your 8 x 10 canvas. We went with a light blue color, since it didn’t clash with the colorful flowers. Plus, it looks like a beautiful sky!
- Let your canvas dry. It will prevent the color from smudging onto your flowers while assembling.
- Arrange your pretty flowers on the canvas. It looks best when they are at different heights. Once you are completely happy with how the placement looks, hot glue each flower in place.
- Now, it’s time for the stems! Grab your green pipe cleaners and glue them underneath each flower to make your stems.
- Cut out leaf shapes from your green felt or paper. Glue them directly beside the stems, wherever looks good to you. We chose to put them all on the left side to make it look cohesive, but you can definitely mix up the placement!
Tips for Making Your Egg Carton Flowers
- You will want to set aside a good chunk of time, like a weekend afternoon, to make this craft since the paint takes a little while to totally dry. To save on time, paint your canvas first so that it has a chance to dry while you are cutting and painting the egg carton flowers.
- I recommend using a good, sharp pair of scissors to cut your egg cartons as the cardboard can be a little tricky to cut. If you are doing this craft with kids, you may want to do the cutting part yourself and leave the painting to them!
- If you’re a fan of a more whimsical look or just don’t have green pipe cleaners and felt on hand, feel free to choose whatever colors you want to make your stems and leaves! I think some really cool color combinations could be made here.
You and your kids will have so much fun creating your own egg carton flowers! This easy craft turns out so beautiful and only requires a few inexpensive supplies. Egg carton flowers are the most perfect way to ring in the spring or summer season and add a pop of color to your home decor!
Leave a Reply