As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These colorful paper crayons are a perfect Back to School craft or a fun way to learn about all the colors.
Back to School Crayon Craft
It’s almost time to go back to school and these colorful paper crayons are a fun way for kids to introduce themselves to their classmates and share their favorite color! This crayon activity is great in a classroom setting but it also would be a great craft activity for a homeschool lesson learning about the rainbow of colors!
Tools Needed & Tips:
The best part about this craft is you only need one supply – PAPER! Of course you you will need some crafting tools such as scissors, glue and a marker but that’s it!
- Paper– I prefer to use colored cardstock for this craft. Construction paper can work in a pinch but I feel the cardstock holds up best when glueing multiple layers of paper.
- Free Templates – no need to cut out all the pieces by yourself I got a free template for you! Grab the free pencil template here!
- Free Eyeball Template– you can certainly make this craft with hand drawn eyeballs or googly eyes but we also offer a free eyeball template! This template is perfect for this craft and you will have extras for other crafts.
- Be colorful! – no need to just stick with primary colors! Add some lime green, pink, fuschia, white or black for more color options. If you can find the color paper you can make a crayon friend.
HOW TO MAKE CRAYON PAPER CRAFT:
- Use our free template to cut out template pieces. Trace template pieces around desired colors and cut out.
- Assemble your paper crayon with your cut pieces.
- Have child write their name and favorite color on template pieces. Glue in place.
- Add googly eyes and mouth.
For more Back to School Crafts try these: