These Christmas Pudding Cups are such a fun and festive Christmas craft- great as a pre-packaged gift to pass in the classroom or small party favors!
Christmas Pudding Cup Treats
It’s the most wonderful time of the year once again! Thoughts turn toward Christmas parties and gift-giving. But thanks to a recent pandemic, things have changed a lot since we last enjoyed the holidays. These Christmas pudding cup treats are a lot of fun to make, plus they make great prepackaged snacks for classrooms and neighbor gifts for kids.
CHRISTMAS PUDDING CUPS VIDEO
What You Will Need to Make Christmas Pudding Cup Treats
Here are the items you need to gather before you begin making these cups. I have included separate directions for the Snowman and the Reindeer below if you choose to only make one version.
- Snack Pack Pudding Cups, Vanilla. Can also sub with applesauce for Allergies
- Pom Poms, color your prefer
- Pipe Cleaners, color your prefer
- Googly Eyes
- Felt, color you prefer
- Orange Foam or Orange Cardstock
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Light Brown Cardstock or Scrapbooking Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Red Pom-Pom
HOW TO MAKE SNOWMAN PUDDING CUP TREAT
- Start by cutting a scarf piece from the felt. My felt pieces were about 11 inches long and ½-inch wide. Cut a tiny slit in the bottom of each scarf. It should only go about ½-inch up.
- Hot glue the scarves to the base of the vanilla pudding cups. (make sure that the face isn’t on the side of the cup that has the expiration date on it. If you want, you can add a small touch of hot glue to the back of the scarf, so it doesn’t slip and cover the mouth.
- Add a pipe cleaner to the top of the pudding cup. I like to place mine just a tad above the top of the cup.
- Attach matching pom poms on either side of the pipe cleaner so it looks like the snowman is wearing earmuffs.
- Add a pair of googly eyes and the foam nose. (my nose was about 1 ¼ inches long.)
- Draw 8 dots to create a smile.
My daughter loved making different colors scarfs and accessories for each snowman based on the favorite colors of her classmates. To save cost you can just purchase one sheet of felt and make all the snowmen the same color. If you decide to make a couple different colors just save the leftover felt for other projects.
Reindeer Pudding Cup Treats
These Reindeer Pudding Cups are just as cute as the Snowmen but require even less time to make! Cut out a couple antlers and then hot glue (adults only) or use regular glue to attach everything. If you want to just make a generic reindeer swap out the Rudolph Red nose for a light brown or even black.
How to Make the Reindeer
- Fold a piece of brown paper in half and draw the antlers. Hot glue them to the back of the chocolate pudding cup.
- Attach a pair of googly eyes and a red pom-pom for the nose.
Do the Christmas Pudding Cups Take Long to Make?
These are so easy and fast to make. I can make about 20 of the reindeer pudding cups in under 30 minutes once I have gathered my necessary supplies. The pudding cup snowmen take a bit longer, but not much.
FOR MORE CHRISTMAS CRAFT IDEAS TRY THESE: