As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Mother’s Day Flower Pot Craft is a great preschool craft that is perfect for the littlest of crafters and is fun for the older kids too! Fill these flower pots with candy and a sweet picture for a memorable Mother’s Day gift.
Mother’s Day Craft Ideas from Kids
One of my favorite things about Mother’s Day is getting cute little crafts from my kids. Whether it’s a simple colored picture or something a little more involved, knowing they took the time to make me something special is the best part of the day! These Mother’s Day Flower Pots are a memorable gift that holds a sweet photo of a Momma’s heart or grand-babies, when given to a Grandmother. Add a touch of chocolate and you have a perfectly rounded gift.
Preschool Craft for Mother’s Day
These candy filled terra cotta pots are the perfect DIY for the littlest of crafters to even the older kids. My daughter will be attending preschool in the Fall and she is really into crafts as of late. Making simple shapes, painting, and gluing on pom poms are all things she is getting a handle on and I love to see her excitement when she perfects a new skill!
You only need a few basic supplies for this Mother’s Day Craft
This post may contain affiliate links
- Colored Paper, colors you desire
- Terra Cotta Pots,if you are uncomfortable using terra cotta pots you can use mini plastic pots
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Pom Poms
- White & Green Acrylic Paint
- Tacky Glue/Tape
- Paint Brushes
- Photos, I used 4×4 photos but your size can vary depending on what kind of picture you use.
How to Make Mother’s Day Flower Pot Craft
- Paint pots white and set aside. You might need to do two coats depending on how dark the pots are.
- Paint craft sticks green and set aside.
- While the paint is drying, cut a circle around the kids face. (Two options below)
- Cut out a large flower shape and attach picture to the center.
- OR you can Make a large circle and add the kids face in the center. Add LARGE Poms Poms around the picture. Alternate around until the circle is filled.
- Cut out leaf shapes. Use a white gel pen to write “Happy Mother’s Day” and attach to craft stick.
- Stick the flower in the pot and surround with mom’s favorite candy to hold it up.
What a fun Mom’s day craft! And with no pre-school, we will need to do a few things like this ourselves at home.
This is such a cute idea for Mother’s Day! I love it!
katerina @ diethood.com says
Oh this is SO adorable!!
Sara Welch says
What a cute idea! I will have to tell my husband about this so he can make these!