Sugar Cookie Lemon Tarts: a yummy sugar cookie tart filled with lemon curd, topped with fresh berries, and baked in a mini muffin tin.
I love desserts that come together quickly and these sugar cookie lemon tarts are just that, a quick and delicious treat. You can make a few at a time if you just want something sweet or make a bunch for party! You only need a few simple ingredients: sugar cookie dough, lemon curd, and some fresh berries if you want to decorate them. You can also sprinkle confectioners sugar on top.
First you will want to bake your sugar cookie tarts/cups. You will need to form little balls of dough and place them in your mini muffin tin. Use your fingers to push the edges towards the outside of the muffin tin creating a cup shape. If mid-way through baking you find that they didn’t keep their shape, just remove them from the oven and use a small spoon to press them back down along the sides of the muffin tin. Bake them for an additional minute or two.
Once your sugar cookies cups have cooled you can add your lemon curd. I like to use a store bought lemon curd to make the time to put these together even shorter but feel free to use homemade if you make it! You could also swap out raspberry curd if your prefer that flavor. These delicious sugar cookie lemon tarts are such a pretty dessert to share at baby or bridal showers, and the fresh berries makes them perfectly festive for Memorial Day or Fourth of July Picnics.
Sugar Cookie Lemon Tarts
- 1 package sugar cookie dough, such as Pillsbury 16 ounces
- 1 jar lemon curd, roughly 8-10 ounces
- Fresh fruit
- confectioners sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form one inch ball with your sugar cookie dough.
- Place into greased mini muffin pan and press dough into the bottom of pan and up the sides creating a cavity/hole in the center.
- Bake sugar cookie cups for about 10 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Allow to cool and remove from pan. ( If you notice your cups are losing their shape remove from oven and use a small spoon to reshape them, place them in the oven for an additional 1 to 2 minutes)
- Fill cooled sugar cookie cups with lemon curd and top with fresh fruit or confectioners sugar. Makes 2 dozen.
Photos by The PKP Way.
For another delicious spring dessert you should try our Key Lime Pie!