As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rainy weather giving you the blues? Then this super easy Rainy Day Paper Umbrella Craft is for you! This rainy day project is the perfect craft for those rainy days when you can’t go outside but still want to have fun!
Gloomy days are the perfect time to make a paper umbrella craft to brighten up any gloomy day! You will need a few simple supplies for this craft, and you can start this great activity as soon as possible! This craft is the perfect way to help your kids develop their fine motor skills, keep them busy, and involve the whole family. So, let’s get crafting!
HOW TO VIDEO:
Craft Supplies Needed to Make This Adorable Umbrella Craft
You only need a few simple supplies, and you and your kids can whip this craft up in no time! You can get all these materials at any craft store or online store.
- Watercolor Pallet – we love this one!
- Free Template
- Cardstock, 8 x 11 white
- Cardstock – Pink, Yellow, Brown, Orange
- Paint Brush
- Glue Stick
How to Make a Rainy Day Paper Umbrella Craft
This fun craft is super easy peasy and is a great way to spend time with your kids!
- Paint the sky and grass scene with watercolors. I did darker blue at the top and faded down toward the grass and then green.
- Make your umbrella by folding the template pieces according to style. Short Way is the folded side.
- Fold in half and glue two ends together to look like an umbrella. Hot glue works best (adults only)
- Cut out clouds and paint a touch of gray watercolor paint on each.
- Glue pieces and make sure the hair is touching her body as shown. Also, make sure that the umbrella is tilted correctly with the umbrella “stick.”
- Make waves in her hair with two shades of brown crayons and just a touch of black if needed.
- Make raindrops with your watercolors and and a thin paint brush.
Leave a Reply