As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Heart Shaped Bee Craft is an easy craft for Valentine’s day and it’s centered around the simple shape of a heart!
This Valentine bee craft is a fun paper craft for younger kids to make for Valentine’s day. This activity is completely centered around paper and a simple heart shape making it an easy last minute craft that requires simple supplies for kids of all ages.
Materials Needed To Make A Paper Bee Craft
- Free Printable Template
- Card stock, white, yellow, pink, and black
- Black marker
- Large/medium googly eyes
- Glue stick
How to make Valentine’s Day Bee Craft
Creating a Popsicle Stick Arctic Fox is a straightforward and enjoyable process. Here’s how you can make your own.
Step 1: Preparing Heart Shapes
1. Cut out heart shapes. You need one large heart from yellow paper for the bee’s body and two white hearts for the bee’s wings. You will also need four little hearts cut from pink paper for both the bee head and at the top of the little bee antennas. You can also choose to make your small hearts a red heart instead of pink.
Step 2: Assemble Hearts into Bee Shape
2. Assemble your paper hearts together as shown.
Step 3: Adding Final Details:
3. Cut out thin black strips from your black piece of paper. Glue black stripes onto the bottom of the bee body. Once glued in place cut off excess.
4. Add your googly eyes to your bee’s face along with a smile and two heart cheeks.
Creative Ways to Use this Adorable Heart Bee Craft:
1. Add a popsicle stick – add a jumbo popsicle stick to your finished bumblebee craft to make a fun puppet for elementary school aged kids.
2. Add a cute message – add a sweet “Happy Valentine’s Day” or “Bee Mine” message to the back of the hearts to give to family and friends.
3. Classroom Valentine Decoration – Have your class make their own paper heart bee craft! This is a great activity for practice gluing, tracing and cutting out shapes. Once finished add them to a bulletin board to show of their handiwork.
Do I have to use card stock?
This depends, you don’t have to use card stock but for durability, especially when making a puppet or a valentine card I would stick with card stock – it’s stronger and not near as flimsy.
Do you offer a free template?
We sure do! We try to offer templates for most of our activities and are constantly going back and trying to add templates to ones that don’t have them. Feel free to grab our free printable here!