As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A delicious and easy chocolate fondue recipe with fun dipping skewers and dipper ideas.
Easy Chocolate Fondue
All three of my kids love chocolate, and when I say chocolate I mean straight chocolate bars or chocolate chips by the handful. I personally will choose a fruity dessert or treat over chocolate but when you can combine the two everyone is happy! This delicious and easy chocolate fondue can be made with just a few simple ingredients and you can customize your dippers to your family’s favorites. It’s a great treat to serve after school and work while everyone is rewinding from the day but it’s also a fun dessert to serve at parties or family gatherings.
What are the Ingredients in Chocolate Fondue?
The ingredients in this chocolate fondue are so simple! The main ingredients is chocolate. For the best tasting chocolate I recommend using a higher quality baking chocolate such as Ghirardelli or Bakers Secret. We don’t like our fondue to be overly sweet so we use a mixture of semi-sweet chocolate and milk chocolate. If you like a sweeter chocolate you can use more milk chocolate than semi-sweet.
- semi-sweet chocolate bars
- milk chocolate bars
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- salt, optional
How to make Easy Chocolate Fondue
- Put fondue ingredients in a medium sized saucepan.
- Whisk on medium heat until all ingredients melt and incorporate together. Add more heavy whipping cream if needed.
- Serve immediately with skewers and goodies.
What can I dip in Chocolate Fondue?
There are so many fun dipper options when eating chocolate fondue. Prepare a platter of goodies surrounding the chocolate for a fun way to serve and enjoy a sweet treat with friends.
Here are some of our favorite dipper ideas:
- angel food cake
- Nilla cookies
- store bought cookies
- homemade cookies
- other fresh berries
Easy Chocolate Fondue
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 -3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt, optional
- Prepare skewers using small skewer sticks (easier dipping). Add a marshmallow, piece of angel food cake and a strawberry. Repeat until desired amount of skewers are completed. Set aside.
- Put chocolate fondue ingredients in a medium sized saucepan. Whisk on medium heat until all ingredients melt and incorporate together.
- Serve immediately with skewers and goodies. If it begins to thicken or cools, just pop in the microwave at 10 second increments to warm it again.
For more sweet chocolate desserts try out these: