As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe: a classic cheeseball recipe. Filled with flavor and rolled in crunchy pecans. It’s a great appetizer for holiday parties!
Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
This time of the year is filled with holiday school events, dinners with family and friends, holiday parties and more! As with most events, food tends to be the central focus, it’s something that brings us all together. When hosting get togethers I try to keep things as simple as possible and making quick and delicious recipes that can feed a small crowd helps save time and keeps your guests happy while waiting for the main meal. This easy cheese ball recipe is a simple appetizer idea that can be prepared the night before your event and is great finger-food recipe to enjoy together.
Tips for Making the Best Cheese Ball Recipe
- Prepare ahead of time: this recipe can be made up to a week in advance. However; don’t roll your cheese ball in the nuts until a few hours before serving so they don’t get too soft. Being able to prepare this recipe a few days before your event helps keep the day of your party stress free with one less thing to make.
- Use Fresh Grated Cheese: it’s the little things that make the difference. While you can certainly use pre-shredded cheese, I much prefer freshly grated cheese. The flavor is unbeatable.
- Make it nut free: not a big fan of nuts or have an allergy in the family. You can easily swap out the nuts and eat as is or roll in crumbled cooked bacon. You can even roll it in some dried cranberries for a sweet touch if that’s what you like.
What do I Serve with a Cheese Ball?
We keep things simple and use a variety of our favorite crackers but some other great options are:
- pita bread
- toasted baguettes
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces sharp shredded cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- dash of salt & pepper
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add sour cream, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the mixture into one lump. Lightly grease your hands and form the mixture into a round ball.
- Place the chopped pecans in a large bowl. Hold the cheese ball in one hand and use the other hand to scoop the pecans onto the outside of the ball, pressing them in gently and turning the ball to coat all sides. **
- Cover the cheeseball in cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers.
For more delicious appetizers try these:
- Crescent Roll Pizza
- Oven Baked Mozzarella Bites
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs
- Italian Cheese French Bread