As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheesy Baked Mozzarella Bites: a delicious breaded cheese stick oven baked to perfection. Paired with a warm marinara sauce it makes a great simple homemade appetizer for parties!
Oven Baked Mozzarella Bites
Need a quick appetizer you can have on your counter in 30 minutes or less after just a little bit of prep? These oven baked mozzarella bites are the perfect bite sized treats for parties, after school snacks, and just because you need a cheesy fix. They are great to make in large batches and to freeze and then bake when you want them.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Mozzarella Bites
This oven baked mozzarella bites recipe uses ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry. You only need a few simple items to make a delicious breading that bakes to a crispy golden crunch.
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Panko Bread Crumbs
Do I have to freeze the cheese sticks before baking?
I highly recommend freezing your cheese sticks once they are cut into bite sized pieces until they are frozen. While they don’t have to be as hard as ice they should be quite cold. This will help keep them inside the breading while baking and not explode all over the place.
Can I freeze these Oven Baked Mozzarella Bites before baking?
Yes! If you don’t plan to bake your cheese sticks right away you will want to freeze them until you are ready to bake them. They will stay fresh in the freezer for a few months if placed in an air tight freezer bag.
Baked Mozzarella Bites
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (Amount you desire)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Seasoned or Regular Panko Crumbs
- Cut your mozzarella sticks into bite-sized pieces. Place into freezer until frozen.In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- Combine flour, garlic salt and Italian seasoning and place into a bowl.In a small dish, add your panko bread crumbs.
- Dip the frozen cheese bites into the flour mixture, shake off excess, then into the egg, then into the panko crumbs.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.Place sticks on the baking sheet, spray the tops with cooking spray.Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't melt.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZERS:
- Hot Wing Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs
- Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Italian Cheese French Bread
Yum – very flavor and delicious! I love that I could make it in the slow cooker and take it with me to a party!
[email protected] says
I made these last night and they were a hit – Great recipe!
Sara Welch says
What a great recipe for entertaining! This will be perfect for our annual holiday party this weekend!
My kids are obsessed with these! They’re so good that I even snuck a few bites, haha!