These DIY crayons are such a fun activity for the kids to repurpose some of their old and broken crayons into some fun new shapes ready for coloring!
Homemade DIY Crayons
Coloring is an activity loved by the littlest of crafters to adults and these DIY crayons are a fun way to repurpose some old and broken crayons laying around in your crayon box. Of course you can use new, fresh crayons but we prefer to repurpose the ones we already have and the ones that are ready for a new life.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE DIY CRAYONS
- Crayons – we use our old, small and broken crayons
- Silicone Mold – we used this one but any oven safe one will do
- Warm Water
HOW TO MAKE DIY CRAYONS
- Pour warm water in a medium size bowl. Place crayons in a bowl and allow to soak for 10-15 minutes or until crayon wrappers remove easily.
- Remove paper wrappers and break crayons into smaller pieces.
- Add crayons to mold tray that has been placed on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Fill the mold to the top as best you can.
- Place mold in the a 300 preheated degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until crayons have melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing the crayons.
These homemade crayons are great for a day time craft, as a playdate activity or to make and give away to friends and classmates!