As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Elevate your crafting game with our adorable Pom Pom Hot Air Balloon craft. Whether you are looking for a simple whimsical craft or a rainy day activity, this craft is a colorful creation the kids will enjoy!
Looking for a craft activity that will ignite your child’s imagination and take them on a whimsical adventure? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll guide you through creating a delightful Pom Pom Hot Air Balloon craft. With just a few simple materials like colorful pom poms and paper, your child can craft their very own floating masterpiece.
HOW TO VIDEO:
Craft Supplies Needed:
You can find all of these materials online or at any local craft store!
- Small/Medium Pom Poms
- Kraft Paper
- Blue Paper – Sky Blue
- White Cardstock Paper
- Ultra Fine Black Sharpie
How to Make a Pom Pom Hot Air Balloon
This adorable craft is super easy to make and is so much fun!
- Use a pencil to lightly draw a circle on the desired surface. This is the hot air balloon shape.
- Glue pom poms within the circle. Aim for a finished diameter of about 3 – 3.5 inches.
- Add brown baskets and white clouds to enhance the design.
- With an ultra-fine sharpie, draw four lines from the base of the pom poms to the top of the basket. The outer lines should have a slight curve, while the middle two should be straight.
Tips for Making a Pom Pom Hot Air Balloon
- Use Bright Colors– Hot air balloons always look so beautiful and bright in the sky so make sure you use bright and colorful pom poms!
- Experiment with different materials – Explore using additional materials such as tissue paper, pipe cleaners, or even fabric to add extra flair and dimension to your craft.
- Personalize with details – Add your own touch by drawing or painting unique patterns, designs, or scenery on the balloon or baskets using markers or watercolor paint.
- Use various sizes of pom poms – Experiment with different sizes of pom poms to create depth and texture in your hot air balloon design.
More Fun Crafts
Pom Pom Hot Air Balloon
- blue cardstock
- colorful mini pom poms
- Kraft or brown paper
- liquid white glue
- white cardstock
- Draw two small circles on your blue cardstock.
- Add liquid glue in circle shape.
- Fill circle with colorful pom poms. Let dry.
- Add a brown paper rectangle on blue cardstock. Add black lines with sharpie makers.
- Add white clouds made from white cardstock.